Firefighters in Werris Creek and Quirindi have had a busy Tuesday morning battling two housefires in the space of an hour.
Crews were first called to a housefire in Dewhurst Street in Werris Creek at 9.57am on Tuesday, where they found the home fully engulfed in flames.
Fire and Rescue NSW (FRNSW) firefighters from Quirindi and Werris Creek, were in attendance, as well as the RFS, police and NSW Ambulance.
FRNSW say the fire was caused by a potential electrical fire.
The resident called Triple Zero and was able to self-evacuate. Nobody was injured.
Firies took control of the housefire just before 11am, and were mopping up the scene at 11.15am.
During this time, at 10.48am, a second housefire was called in just around the corner at Single Street.
One of the Quirindi fire crews headed over to this scene, where they extinguished the fire within 15 minutes.
The cause was determined to be solar panels that had caught fire, which spread to the house but didn't cause too much damage. The outside of the roof was the most damaged.
Solar panel fires have been on the rise, according to FRNSW.
Superintendent Graham Kingsland from the Fire Investigation and Research Unit said it was important to take steps to ensure solar panels were as safe as possible.
"Over the last five years we have seen solar panel related fires increase five-fold. It is not uncommon to see solar panels cause house and building fires," he said.
"By ensuring solar panels are installed by a licensed installer, and are well maintained by a professional, you can prevent a tragedy."
For more information on solar panel safety, visit the Fair Trading website.