Gunnedah is set to receive a spruce-up, with 45 local businesses to receive funds to help re-do their facades and shop fronts.
The $40,506 in funds come from the latest round of Gunnedah Shire Council's Business Partner Program (BPP), which Gunnedah's councillors unanimously voted to support at Wednesday's council meeting.
Most business owners received $1000, with others receiving a bit less depending on what the amount they requested.
This round is one that was financially-boosted as part of the council's Invigorate Gunnedah - COVID-19 Business Recovery Package to 'bring vibrancy back into the CBD' and to 'strengthen our business community and encourage resilience'.
BPP advisory group chair Cr Ann Luke said she was "impressed" that the round had business owners "enthused about making their premises more modern".
"The money they're putting in themselves is probably a spend of about $112,000 ... on making their businesses look pretty and the other thing about this program is we did strongly favour those that used local contractors or other local businesses for them," Cr Luke said at the meeting.
"There's lots of money that will go round and it will make us look pretty too."
The full list of recipients are as follows:
- Blush & Bloom Beauty for front awning signage
- Sunburnt Treasures for 'jazzing up' the shop front
- Harvest Lodge Motel for improving street appeal
- Stacey McAllan Legal to enhance the external facade
- Gracia Rose for shop front upgrade and website start-up
- W A Baxter & Co Pty Ltd for solicitors signage
- Gunnedah Locksmiths for shopfront signage
- Carwash 2380 for entry sign renewal
- Goodness & Gracious for their business expansion
- The Verdict to upgrade the front and side shop facade
- Kez's Café for signage
- Ricky Graham Fitness for new business start-up signage
- Col Nelson Motorcycles for shop front and signage upgrade
- Enchanted On Conadilly for painting its shop facade
- Second Edition Bookstore for signage and facade
- Robertson Real Estate Gunnedah for their facade painting and signage project
- Gunnedah Workshop Enterprises Ltd for a signage upgrade
- Eat Street Asia for new signage
- 4eva Keepsakes for enhancing the business
- Stewart Surveys Pty Ltd for painting the premises
- Gunnedah Shire Band Hall for a signage upgrade
- Crest Financial Services Pty Ltd for resigning their office
- MPOWERED Health and Wellness for Project Membership Drive
- Valley Fasteners Gunnedah for building signage
- Co-operative businesses at 203 Conadilly Street for a drop-down awning sign and internal directory sign
- Hartley's Electrical for signage and facade
- Lakeford Real Estate for new front signage
- GB Auto Group Pty Ltd to improve customer awareness
- The OBG Co Pty Ltd for new ownership
- Jobs Australia Enterprises for signage
- Thub Thim Thai to upgrade the business frontage
- Parkview Hotel Gunnedah for 'Beautiful Food at the Parky'
- Turner Cycle Shop for 'Spring Fresh 2020'
- The Barbers Way for 'Cut above'
- Raw Confetti for a window decal
- Chan Supa Thai Massage And Day Spa for a shop front sticker
- MDH Haulage Pty Ltd for signage in the yard
- Gunnedah Meals on Wheels Association for 'Something to Celebrate'
- Soul Hair Studio for front signage
- BTS Blinds & Awnings for signage
- Gunnible Pastoral Company Pty Ltd for 'Enhance Safety' entrance signage
- SE Michel and Co Pty Ltd for a signage upgrade
- Downtown Serviced Apartments for a signage upgrade
- Impact Solutions Pty Ltd for signage
- Ray White Fleming & Ross for front door signage