KIDS aged three to five years old will be able to get their teeth, eyes and motor skills checked for free when the Royal Far West bus visits Gunnedah.
The healthy kids bus will stop at the Gunnedah Town Hall from September 11 to 13.
The visit was confirmed earlier this week after months of fundraising and lobbying from the Every Gunnedah Child working group to bring the bus to Gunnedah.
Working group member, Rebecca Dridan, told the Namoi Valley Independent it was exciting to have “locked in” the visit from Royal Far West.
“This is a really great thing for our community,” Mrs Dridan said.
“It will be a one-stop-shop for local families to have any potential health issues detected earlier and set about referring them to the right places to correct any issues.
“Early intervention is key, development of kids at that age is very important and this visit by the bus will give families free access to speacialist consultation all in one place.”
- CWA next stop for Royal Far West Bus fundraising efforts
- Fundraising efforts to bring Royal Far West to Gunnedah kick off
- Wheels in motion to bring Royal Far West bus to Gunnedah
- Calls for compulsory screening before kids start school | Video, Photos
- Community meeting in Gunnedah
- Royal Far West shines light on the ‘invisible children’
Mrs Dridan said a lot of work had been done to help secure a visit.
“We have been organising and fundraising to make this happen since the town hall meeting last year,” she said.
“So after all that work it is great to know that this is going ahead and it should be great for our community.”
The working group member said fundraising was still going ahead.
“We haven’t stopped fundraising yet by any means,” Mrs Dridan said.
“So far we have had some very generous donations come in but we would love to see more come in for sure.”
Families advised to allow up to two-and-a-half hours for appointments.
“They are a very comprehensive consultation so they do take a little while,” Mrs Dridan said.
- For more information or to register, contact Royal Far West on 02 8966 8557 or visit www.royalfarwest.org.au
- To donate to the working group visit makingadifference.gofundraise.com.au/page/EveryGunnedahChild