Carinya Christian School Gunnedah has welcomed two staff this year.
Kellie-Anne Bradbury and Alice Gerty both completed their education degrees in 2017 and met at Werris Creek Public School as casuals.
Ms Bradbury is originally from Tamworth and is the niece of Gunnedah mayor Jamie Chaffey. She taught casually at seven schools last year and is teaching Year 4 at Carinya this year.
“It’s great to have a class of my own for the first time,” she said.
“It had its challenges but the rewards are always there.”
Ms Gerty spends three-and-a-half days in the Kindergarten classroom with Diane Lee and the rest of the week relief teaching for Years 2 and 4-6.
She lived in England until she was eight when her family moved to Australia. She spent last term teaching at Werris Creek Public School and has since moved to Gunnedah.
“It’s been lots of fun,” Ms Gerty said.
“I’m learning a lot, especially off Di.”
- Meet the 2018 Kindergarten classes at our small schools | Photos
- Meet the 2018 Kindergarten class at Curlewis Public School | Photos
- Meet the 2018 Kindergarten class at Gunnedah South and the Public School | Photos
- Meet the 2018 Kindergarten class at St Xavier’s | Photos
- Meet the 2018 Kindergarten class at Carinya | Photos
- Meet the 2018 Year 7 class at Gunnedah High School | Photos
- Meet the 2018 Year 7 class at St Mary’s | Photos