The last goal has been scored for the 2021 soccer season with the remainder of all Northern Inland competitions abandoned.
Northern NSW Football made the announcement on Thursday.
In a media release NNSWF, which oversees the NIF competitions said: "While the NSW government announced on Thursday that parts of the Northern Inland are to come out of lockdown, the continued restrictions on community sport and no guaranteed safe return to football mean NNSWF were left with no choice but to call full-time on all 2021 Northern Inland competitions".
This includes the Premier Division, Namoi League, Tamworth youth, senior and MiniRoos as well as all club run MiniRoos competitions.
NIF had been planning to (if the lockdown was lifted), following a week of training, stage the semi-finals on September 18-19 with the grand finals the following weekend.
With no finals series for any competitions, minor premiers have been awarded in all divisions. They will be acknowledged over the coming weeks with medals and trophies to be distributed when it is safe and permissible to do so under the Public Health Order.
"This news is not the end to the season we wanted. We hoped we could sneak in a finals series and see teams become champions on the pitch," Northern Inland Regional Coordinator Toby McVey said.
NNSWF CEO David Eland paid tribute to the football community following a difficult year but remained optimistic for a successful 2022 season.
"I want to thank the entire Northern Inland football community including players, coaches, volunteers and match officials for their contribution to the season as well as their understanding and resilience during this difficult time," Eland said.
"It is a disappointing way to end any season, but I can assure the football community we will be back bigger and better than ever in 2022."