Don't delay, now is the time to put in entry forms for the Gunnedah Shire Christmas Lights Competition 2019.
Entries close on Friday, and Gunnedah Shire Council is looking for as many households and businesses as possible to make this year's display a really special one.
Whether you have a shopfront or go Christmas-mad at home, there is a category for just about everyone - but you must have your nomination in.
The six categories for the competition includes the title of Santa Street, awarded annually for the street with the best and brightest light displays. The Santa Street award comes with a winners' plaque and a $100 Gunny Money Gift Card.
Other categories are:
- Best Decorated House for a prize of $200 Gunny Money gift card
- Best Nativity Scene for a prize of $50 Gunny Money gift card
- Best Christmas Theme in a Village for a prize of $50 Gunny Money gift card
- Judges' Choice Award for a prize of $50 Gunny Money gift card
- Best Dressed Shopfront Window for a prize of $50 Gunny Money gift card.
The competition closes at 5pm on this Friday, December 13, and will be judged by councillors on Tuesday, December 15, with the winners to be announced on Wednesday, December 18.
Entry forms are available online at www.gunnedah.nsw.gov.au and hard copies can be picked up from Gunnedah Shire Council, the library or the Gunnedah Visitor Information Centre.
Completed nomination forms can be submitted in person at the council building, via email to email@example.com, or by mail to Gunnedah Shire Christmas Lights Competition, PO Box 63, Gunnedah NSW 2380.