THE Gunnedah Men's Dart League is busy preparing for its second annual darts open this weekend.
Competitors from as far away as Newcastle, Moree and Armidale are expected to flood to the Gunnedah Services and Bowling Club for the two-day event.
Gunnedah Men's Dart League member John Campbell said the club had received more than 50 entries for this year's event.
"Last year's event was a great success for our club and we can't wait to go around again," Campbell said.
"We have already seen about 50 entries come in for this year's event, including some competitors from Moree, who didn't attend last year. To have those new players coming along is very exciting."
As well as battling it out for state points, the competitors will also be battling it out for their share of $5000 in prizemoney.
"This year we have bumped up the prizemoney from $3000 to $5000," Campbell said.
"We will be holding the men's and women's singles competition on Saturday, then the men's,women's and mixed pairs on the Sunday.
"The winners of each category will take home $500, the runners up $300 and the semi finalists $100 each."
Campbell said there was still time for people to enter this year's open.
"Entries close on Friday night at 7pm and anyone interested can contact the club via our Facebook page," he said.
"The president of Darts NSW is expected to be there as well, so it should be a great event."
- First: Sandy Aldridge (Gunnedah)
- Second: Jen Bowden (Tamworth)
- Third: Bec Beasley (Gunnedah)
- Fourth: Elyce Smith (Tamworth)
- First: Sandy and Cassie Aldridge (Gunnedah)
- Second: Julie Sheehan and Jen Bowden (Tamworth)
- Third: Tammy Wortley and Tracy Towns
- Fourth: Angela Williams and Bec Beasley
- First: Rod Blair (Inverell)
- Second: Matt Cherry (Armidale)
- Third: Andrew Bowden (Tamworth)
- Fourth: Fred Pryor (Gunnedah)
- First: Rod Blair and Larry Frapple (Inverell)
- Second: Leon Lovett and Chris Watts (Tamworth and Walcha)
- Third: Justin Frey and Wil Smit (Gunnedah)
- Fourth: Gary OBrien and Blake Small (Inverell and Gunnedah)
- First: Tom and Jen Bowden (Tamworth)
- Second: Leon Lovett and Julie Sheehan (Tamworth)
- Third: Andrew Bowden and Elyce Smith (Tamworth)
- Fourth: Aldridge and Michael Steadman (Gunnedah)