Fire and Rescue Gunnedah has praised Gunnedah Services and Bowling Club for its quick actions in clearing the building when smoke was detected on Thursday.
The crew was called to the club at noon when a burning smell was detected, and found the manager had already evacuated staff and patrons when they arrived.
Firefighters donned breathing apparatus and managed to find the source of smoke in the server room where an electrical fire had started.
The crew and the club's electrician worked together to make the area safe again. Fire and Rescue carried out atmospheric monitoring make sure all the smoke was gone.
Big thumbs up to the Club's manger who had the buildings completely evacuated by the time we arrived. This is a critical step to ensure patron safety in the event of a fire.