New teachers Simon Thurbon, Brittany Reynolds and Bridgit Murphy are settling in well at St Xavier’s Primary School.
Mr Thurbon has taken on Year 3 this year and is share-teaching 50 students with Scott Seymour.
The teacher hasn’t come far – moving from Gunnedah South Public School where he taught Year 5 for five years.
Mr Thurbon is originally from Canberra and taught in the private catholic schools.
“I have taught in high schools as well [and] I’ve taught overseas a few times in Ireland and Doha, Qatar,” he said.
RELATED STORY:Meet the new staff at Carinya Christian School
Brittany Reynolds is teaching Year 1 with Katrina McCumstie and is from the Maitland area.
She graduated from the University of New England last year and taught casually. Her boyfriend is a local, so she made the move to Gunnedah.
“It’s been awesome,” she said.
“Everyone is really helpful and lovely.”
Fellow new employee Bridgit Murphy has come all the way from Dalby, Queensland, where she taught in catholic schools. She has also taught in Western Australia.
She said she is enjoying her time so far.
- Meet the 2018 Kindergarten classes at our small schools | Photos
- Meet the 2018 Kindergarten class at Curlewis Public School | Photos
- Meet the 2018 Kindergarten class at Gunnedah South and the Public School | Photos
- Meet the 2018 Kindergarten class at St Xavier’s | Photos
- Meet the 2018 Kindergarten class at Carinya | Photos
- Meet the 2018 Year 7 class at Gunnedah High School | Photos
- Meet the 2018 Year 7 class at St Mary’s | Photos