Nominations for the 2018 Australia Day awards are now open.
Gunnedah Shire Council are encouraging locals to nominate people who help shape the community and act as role models.
Australia Day Committiee Chair, Councillor Ann Luke said that there were many deserving people within the community.
“We all know many people who are deserving of recognition for their various contributions – let us recognise these people,” Cr Luke said.
“The Australia Day Committee is seeking nominations for people and groups who exhibit good citizenship and community qualities, or who have made outstanding contributions and achievements in their particular areas.”
Winners of the different awards will be announced at the annual Australia Day Dinner on Thursday, 25 January 2018 at the Gunnedah Town Hall.
Award categories include:
· Young Citizen of the Year Award (21 years and under)
· Citizen of the Year Award (21-40 years)
· Citizen of the Year Award (40+ years)
· Ossie and Beryl Campbell Memorial Volunteer of the Year Award
· Eve Turner Perpetual Trophy
· Cultural Award
· Community Achievement Award
· Max and Mikie Maas Good Neighbour Award
· Male Sportsperson of the Year
· Female Sportsperson of the Year
· Junior Male Sportsperson of the Year
· Junior Female Sportsperson of the Year
· Junior Sports Team of the Year Award
· Sports Team of the Year Award
· Ivan Towns Memorial Award – Coach of the Year