Quirindi robbery: Nicholas Hampton admits to four robbers in Centre St, Quirindi; co-accused Jonathan Nean, Samone Hall remain before the court

Guilty pleas: Nicholas Hampton appeared in the dock of Tamworth District Court this week.
Guilty pleas: Nicholas Hampton appeared in the dock of Tamworth District Court this week.

A MAN faces a maximum of 20 years behind bars after admitting to four robberies on the one night near Tamworth.

Nicholas Allan Hampton pleaded guilty in Tamworth District Court this week to four counts of aggravated robbery in Quirindi on September 11, last year.

One of his co-accused, Samone Leanne Hall, will fight the charges against her while a second co-accused, Jonathan Alex Nean, “requires a little more time to consider” his options, his barrister told the court.

Standing in the dock dressed in a beige long-sleeved shirt and pants, Hampton said “guilty” to four charges of aggravated robbery, namely that he was in the company of another male, and in three instances, a third person, when he robbed three males and a woman in Centre St, Quirindi.

According to the charges presented to the court, Hampton robbed one man of a quantity of jewellery, and robbed a woman of money and jewellery.

He then admitted to robbing a second male of an Iphone, an Android smartphone and a laptop, while the fourth charge involved robbing a male of an Apple Iphone.

A further charge of being carried in a stolen car will be taken into account in sentencing on a certificate after Hampton admitted to the offence.

“[The] application will be that the matter will be adjourned to the sittings in February so that we can obtain a psych report,” public defender Stuart Bouveng told the court.

Hampton has been in custody since his arrest hours after the alleged robbery when the stolen car was intercepted by police following an alleged pursuit from Tamworth to Currububula.

Nean is charged with police pursuit, three counts of robbery armed with offensive weapon, robbery in company and steal motor vehicle, while Hall is facing four charges of robbery in company and stealing a motor vehicle.

Judge Jeffery McLennan adjourned Nean’s case for a short time but said a guilty or not guilty plea needed to be entered on the next occasion.

“I expect a decision because he has been given ample time," he told Nean’s barrister Jason Curtis.

Hall waived to family members seated in the court and remains behind bars, like her co-accused.

“My instructions are that we go to trial,” Hall’s barrister Juris Laucis told the court on Wednesday afternoon.

Judge McLennan said Hall was unlikely to get a trial date until the second half of next year, and will have to formally enter not guilty pleas at an arraignment later this month.

Police allege three people robbed the occupants of the house and stole a Mitsubishi Lancer from the Centre St home, last year.

Officers allege the stolen Lancer was sighted five hours a later on Goonoo Goonoo Rd, Tamworth, before a pursuit was initiated by police.