There are now five confirmed cases of Brucellosis in the Gunnedah area.
Local veterinarian, Tina Clifton, said three more cases in dogs were confirmed late last week, with the most recent confirmed on Thursday.
Ms Clifton said another two potential cases were awaiting results.
Brucellosis is a disease “caused by infection with a type of bacteria (Brucella Suis)”, according to the NSW Department of Primary Industries (DPI). Brucella Suis is carried by wild pigs and transferred through contact with bodily fluids and eating raw pig meat.
The recommendation for dogs who test positive for Brucellosis is to euthanese.